Real Estate Trends 2017
Real Estate Trends in Central Indiana: Great Place to Live, Great Place to Invest
For the ninth year in a row, ULI Indiana presented the top trends in real estate for the coming year, as determined in part by the flagship publication, Emerging Trends in Real Estate®. This year’s event, which took place on Monday, Nov. 21 at the Columbia Club, featured dynamic breakout sessions with industry thought leaders followed by a keynote by PwC partner, in-demand speaker and frequent national media source, Mitch Roschelle.
New this year, the breakout sessions enabled participants to dive more deeply into ULI Indiana’s theme, “Central Indiana: Great Place to Live, Great Place to Invest.” For speaker bios click here.
Where We Live – Residential development—all types and locations
- Scott Fadness, Mayor, City of Fishers (Moderator)
- John C. Hart, Jr., President, J.C. Hart
- Kelli A. Lawrence, Partner, Cityscape Residential
- Eric Strickland, Executive Director, Riley Area Development Corporation
Where We Work – Challenges and opportunities in our workforce and the office and industrial sectors
- Tom DeBaun, Mayor, City of Shelyville (Moderator)
- Matt Cohoat, Becknell Industrial
- Katie Culp, Partner, Katz, Sapper & Miller
- Richard Horn, President, Strategic Capital Partners
Where We Spend Our Time and Money – Retail, public, and mixed use development
- Gary Raikes, Councilor, Town of Speedway (Moderator)
- Eric Gershman, Principal, Gershman Partners
- Jacque Haynes, Executive Vice President, Cushman & Wakefield
- Ersal Ozdemir, President and CEO, Keystone Construction and Keystone Realty Group
About the emerging trends report
Jointly produced by ULI and PwC, Emerging Trends in Real Estate is one of the oldest, most highly regarded annual outlooks for the real estate and land use industry. It includes interviews and survey responses from hundreds of leading real estate experts, including investors, developers, property company representatives, lenders, brokers and consultants.
Mitch talks about the Emerging Trends report (video courtesy ULI Chicago, November 12, 2015).
For a link to the Emerging Trends report, click here.
For an Executive Summary focused on Indianapolis, including some additional questions unique to our market, click here.
To learn more about the event, click here.