ULI Indiana is the sanctioning organization for the Real Estate Development award under the umbrella of the Monumental Awards, hosted by the Indy Chamber. The Monumental Awards recognize individuals and businesses that contribute to excellence in Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Construction, Real Estate Development, Neighborhood Revitalization, Engineering, Innovative Reuse, and Public Art throughout the Indy region.
The real estate development award recognizes completed projects in the nine county region that demonstrate exceptional achievement of best practices in real estate development. Nominations are invited from private, public and non-profit sectors. Nominated projects must be consistent with the ULI mission, which includes responsible use of land and in creating and/or sustaining thriving communities. Awards may be presented to projects that are exceptional in any of the following areas, with priority given to projects that are exceptional in multiple areas:
- Resourceful use of land
- Preservation or enhancement of environmental resources
- Entrepreneurship or creative development in team organization and management
- Demonstrated economic/financial success
- Innovative design and planning features
- Filling of a special societal or market need
- Creative solutions to unusual or difficult obstacles to development
- Contribution to the quality of the community’s built environment
About the 2016 Awards
The 2016 Monumental Awards were held on Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016 at the Indiana Roof Ballroom. The Real Estate category award winners were:
- Honor Award: The Barton Block, submitted by Insight Development Corporation
- Merit Award: Penn Street Tower, submitted by Browning Day Mullins Dierdorf
- Achievement Award: University of Indianapolis Health Pavilion, submitted by Strategic Capital Partners
The Monumental Award winner was the Revitalization of Speedway’s Main Street, which ULI Indiana highlighted in an event last April – read more here.
Congratulations to all of the winners!