ULI Indiana is the sanctioning organization for the Real Estate Development award under the umbrella of the Monumental Awards, hosted by the Indy Chamber. The Monumental Awards recognize individuals and businesses that contribute to excellence in Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Construction, Real Estate Development, Neighborhood Revitalization, Engineering, Innovative Reuse, and Public Art throughout the Indy region.
ULI Indiana’s Criteria for the Real Estate Development Category
The real estate development award recognizes completed projects in the nine county region that demonstrate exceptional achievement of best practices in real estate development. Nominations are invited from private, public and non-profit sectors. Nominated projects must be consistent with the ULI mission, which includes responsible use of land and in creating and/or sustaining thriving communities. Awards may be presented to projects that are exceptional in any of the following areas, with priority given to projects that are exceptional in multiple areas:
- Resourceful and responsible use of land
- Preservation or enhancement of environmental or cultural resources
- Entrepreneurship or creativity in team organization and management
- Demonstrated economic/financial success. Nonprofit and public projects are exempt from the financial viability requirement; however community reaction is also taken into consideration
- Innovative design and planning features
- Filling of a special societal or market need
- Creative solutions to unusual or difficult obstacles to development, including financial
- Contribution to the quality of the community’s built environment
- Performance Data, i.e. occupancy rates, rents, etc.
- Economic impact on the neighboring communities, as evidenced by employment statistics, change in assessed value, or other data.