Breakfast Series Event/Trends in Multi-Modal Transportation
Investments in multi-modal transportation systems have become a growing national trend. Our June 22 Breakfast Series event explores two forms of multi-modal transportation: biking and car sharing. From increased bike infrastructure projects to the development of bike-friendly facilities and amenities, Indianapolis has continued to increase investments in improving the biking experience within the city. Meanwhile, car sharing services such as BlueIndy have continued to grow and expand into Indianapolis’ neighborhoods. First we will hear from Jamison Hutchins, DPW’s Bike and Pedestrian Coordinator, on recent bike infrastructure projects, trends, and future initiatives for the city. Then we’ll hear from Blake Richmond, Sales Executive and Ambassador Marketing Manager at BlueIndy, on lessons learned while implementing a car sharing system in Indianapolis, as well as future initiatives for the company.
Jamison is working to help transform Indianapolis into one of the most connected and bicycle friendly cities in the country. As the City’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator, Jamison oversees the City’s efforts to expand its multimodal infrastructure, to promote active transportation, to coordinate with local transportation advocacy groups and to organize public education and outreach efforts. Since Jamison joined the City in 2011, Indianapolis has been recognized as a Bicycle Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists and the City has seen a 300% increase in its cycling modal share.
Jamison graduated with a Bachelor of Science in history and political science from the University of Montana in 2008. Jamison is currently a semester away from a Masters of Public Administration program at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis.
Upon returning to Indianapolis in 2009, Jamison had the honor of serving in the first class of the community-based Public Allies program. He spent his time working with Health by Design where he focused on urban planning and transportation issues as they relate to public health. Jamison has also managed the advocacy and outreach efforts for Freewheelin’ Community Bikes and INDYCOG, two Indianapolis based bicycling advocacy organizations.
Blake Richmond moved to Indianapolis in 2009 to study Marketing at the University of Indianapolis. After graduating, he landed his first job with an innovative all-electric car sharing service called BlueIndy. Over the past two years with BlueIndy, Blake has been a Lead Brand Ambassador, Ambassador Marketing Manager, and Sales Executive.
Currently, Blake’s areas of focus with BlueIndy are new Member acquisition, ridership, stations construction, Ambassador daily operations, and assisting with the BlueLA car-sharing launch.
Breakfast Series Agenda
7:30am – 8:00am – Continental Breakfast and Networking
8:00am – 9:00am – Presentation and Q & A
Breakfast Series Pricing
Members and Students are always FREE. Join ULI now
Non-members – Early Bird rate through June 14:
- Private Sector: $45
- Under 35 or Public/Academic/Nonprofit: $35
Non-members – Standard rate from June 15 through 20, or on site:
- Private Sector: $55
- Under 35 or Public/Academic/Nonprofit: $45
For Advance Registration through June 20:
- Click the registration button below, OR
- Phone ULI Customer Service at 1-800-321-5011.
OR, to request a complimentary registration for a sponsor or prospective member, email email@example.com.
You may also register on site if space is available.
Important Registration Information for ULI Indiana Events
- Advance Registration for ULI Indiana events will generally close at midnight two business days prior to the event.
- This will allow staff and volunteers adequate time to prepare badges on the day before the event.
- Anyone listed on the registrant list by that time will have a pre-printed badge.
- To check if you are registered, click the link below.
- For assistance with registration issues, please contact ULI Customer Service (1-800-321-5011 or CustomerService@uli,org).
- EXCEPTION: If you are requesting a complimentary registration (Sponsor, Speaker, Prospective Members, etc.) contact the ULI Indiana general mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff can no longer accommodate additional advance registrations via email.
- Late registrants are welcome to register on-site but will not have a pre-printed badge.
ULI Breakfast Series events are normally held on the fourth Thursday of each month from January through October – check the Calendar for details, and mark your calendar for future 2017 Breakfast Series dates:
- July 27
- August 24
- September 28
- November 2
Plus, join us for the rescheduled ULI on Location at Speedway Indoor Karting on June 29. Learn more here!