ULI On Location/Lockerbie Marketplace
Celebrate summer with ULI Indiana at Lockerbie Marketplace. At our June 28 ULI On Location, hosted by Gershman Partners and Citimark, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Tour areas of the newly redeveloped Lockerbie Marketplace and associated urban park
- Hear remarks from Citimark and Jim Walker of Big Car
- Network with attendees while enjoying a Sun King beer tent, food truck fare, vendor offerings, and games as part of Big Car’s first Night Market of 2018
5 p.m. Convene in urban park located just off of the Cultural Trail, south of Needler’s Fresh Market
5:30 p.m. Brief remarks followed by property tours
6 p.m. Night Market begins
ULI Members: $20; $10 Under 35 or Public/academic/non-profit; $5 Students
General Public: $30; $20 Under 35 or Public/academic/non-profit; $10 Students
Sponsors and Public Agencies eligible for complimentary registrations – watch your email for discount code or email email@example.com.
CEO, Co-founder, & Lead Artist, Big Car
Jim serves as lead artist for Spark Placemaking, a partnership with the City of Indianapolis that began in 2015. Walker also directs Big Car’s work to use art as a tool for supporting its neighborhood. This includes a project developing affordable homes for artists and two community cultural spaces on a city block (Tube Factory and Listen Hear). Jim is also expanding Spark Placemaking by working in communities across Indiana and beyond. He has worked as a journalist, photographer, teacher, designer, and artist. He earned his MFA at Warren Wilson College in Ashville, N.C. and undergrad at Purdue University in Fort Wayne.
About Lockerbie Marketplace
Owned by Gershman Partners and Citimark and located on an historic block in the Massachusetts Avenue District in Indianapolis, Lockerbie Marketplace is a mixed-use office and retail site that includes four historic buildings. With approximately 180,000 square feet of space, Lockerbie Marketplace includes the former Sears building that is now the home of anchor tenant, Needler’s Fresh Market. Other tenants include Borshoff, Fusek’s True Value Hardware, Classic Cleaners, & Public Safety Medical Services. Partnering with Big Car Collaboration and Spark Placemaking, Lockerbie Marketplace hosts community-focused gatherings within the “square” premises of the block, ranging from art events to pop-up social networking events to outdoor movies.
Registration Information for ULI Events:
- Advance registration for ULI Indiana events will generally close at midnight two business days prior to the event. Late registrants are welcome to register on-site unless otherwise noted, but will not have a pre-printed badge.
- For assistance with registration issues, please contact ULI Customer Service (1-800-321-5011 or CustomerService@uli.org).
- EXCEPTION: If you are requesting a complimentary registration (Sponsor, Speaker, Prospective Members, etc.) contact the ULI Indiana general mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.