There are populations largely missing from the real estate industry.
ULI Indiana’s Diversity Initiative seeks to address this issue and prepare a new generation of developers for opportunity in Indiana.
ULI Real Estate Diversity Initiative
What is ULI Indiana’s Real Estate Diversity Initiative?
ULI Indiana’s Real Estate Diversity Initiative is driven by a 15‐week curriculum. The format is similar to a leadership academy; a cohort of scholars will be accepted into the program by a competitive process and will experience the curriculum together, culminating in a final presentation and graduation.
The curriculum includes:
- Knowledge/skills based educational sessions
- New for 2022, the course will incorporate learning modules from ULI’s Real Estate 101 course! An additional certificate may be available for those who successfully complete the online assessments in the time allotted.
- Experience‐based learning through a team case study project on a real local site, including development plan, pro‐forma and marketing plan
- Relationship development between the scholars, panelists, team advisors, and other local ULI members
The 2022 program consists of 15 two-hour classes on Thursday afternoons with approximately one-to-three hours of homework per week and a group project.
Who Can Get Involved?
Up to 30 Scholars may be enrolled in the curriculum program. Potential scholars should:
- Be minority individuals – female or non-white – who want to begin or accelerate a career in real estate development.
- Have at least 2 years experience in development or a related field (such as architecture, urban planning, brokerage, construction, etc.) in order to contribute to the team project. More experienced individuals will be considered as well.
In addition, ULI Indiana needs:
- Panelists to share your expertise on one of the session topics
- Advisors to guide the teams through their group project
- Investors to support costs of program delivery
- Additional Steering Committee members – to help recruit for these roles and continue to refine the program
Contact us to learn more about fulfilling these roles!