Women’s Leadership Initiative
ULI began a Women’s Leadership Initiative at the national level in 2011. The mission of the WLI is expressed in its four primary objectives:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
ULI Indiana began its WLI steering committee in 2016. For 2019 our work program is:
- WLI Midwestern Regional Summit – In October 2018, a team of ULI District Councils including ULI Indiana, Iowa, Kansas City, Kentucky, Memphis, Nashville, and St. Louis was awarded a WLI Hines Innovation grant to launch a WLI Midwestern Regional Summit. The inaugural summit will take place in Louisville, KY from July 24-26, 2019. Women members from Indiana are invited to participate in one of several planning committees.
- Local Professional Development – ULI Indiana will also offer local professional development opportunities focused on women in 2019.
- Dine Around – Stay tuned for more information on this special evening of casual, intimate dinners among our women members.
- Hour of Power Happy Hours – The HOP is an informal cocktail hour for the women members of ULI. There is no programing, no agenda. . . just a chance to get to know each other, share stories, laugh and support each other as women working in commercial real estate. Come when you can. . . stay as long as wish. The first round of drinks and appetizers are on us!
ULI Indiana WLI Co-Chairs:
Angie Wethington, Scannell Properties
Trinity Hart, Deylen Realty