Real Estate Trends was back in person on 1/13/2022
Real Estate Trends 2022 took place on Jan. 13, 2022 at the Madam Walker Legacy Center in Indianapolis. Members and guests enjoyed the following program agenda:
A conversation with the Indiana Secretary of Commerce
In a discussion with Adam Thies, Indiana Secretary of Commerce Bradley Chambers covered a range of topics including his vision and objectives for the state’s economic development efforts, the Indiana Regional Economic Acceleration and Development Initiative (READI), and thoughts on the future of the state and Central Indiana.
White River Regional Opportunity Initiative: Takeaways and Plans for Driving Transformative Growth and Development
As part of READI, the White River Regional Opportunity Initiative (WR-ROI) was recently awarded $20 million from Governor Eric Holcomb and the Indiana Economic Development Corporation. During this panel, we heard from economic development leaders representing three of the communities making up the WR-ROI Partnership, who discussed:
- The vision and guiding principles of the WR-ROI
- What projects and programs are on the horizon for the White River region
- Which projects and programs panelists are most excited about
- Takeaways from the experience of pursuing a READI grant
- How the READI program and partnerships will help Central Indiana invest in quality of life initiatives that create a stronger region
- Opportunities for attendees to get involved in WR-ROI implementation
Emerging Trends in Real Estate
The Emerging Trends in Real Estate® report, now in its 43rd edition, is a joint publication from ULI and PwC that provides an outlook on real estate investment and development trends, real estate finance and capital markets, property sectors, metropolitan areas, and other real estate issues throughout the United States and Canada. Report co-author Andy Warren presented key takeaways from publication, highlighting trends, opportunities, and challenges in real estate and capital markets.
Networking Reception & Committee Fair
Our networking reception included refreshments, appetizers and the chance to win prizes while learning about ULI Indiana engagement opportunities.