If you are a female member of ULI, you are part of the Women’s Leadership Initiative.
The WLI promotes the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry by creating meaningful engagement opportunities for the women members of ULI.
Currently these opportunities include:
- Coffee Connect, a new option based on our popular Mentor Matching Program. Women members who enter this program are paired with one another on a quarterly basis, regardless of age or membership type, to meet for coffee, drinks or lunch.
- Hour of Power Happy Hours – The HOP is an informal cocktail hour that is also intended for members only (with occasional exceptions). There is no programming, no agenda. . . just a chance to get to know each other, share stories, laugh and support each other as women working in commercial real estate. Come when you can. . . stay as long as wish. The first round of drinks and appetizers are on us! HOP Happy Hours will occur approximately every-other month, alternating between downtown and north side locations. Watch your emails – the event host will send an email invitation to all current women members.
- Dine Ins – Our first set of Dine In events was held Aug. 20 & 22 and received rave reviews. We plan to repeat these events more frequently in the future.
- Professional Development – In 2019 we provided two professional development workshops on topics specifically relevant to women and expect to continue this practice.
- Regional Summit/Field Trip – Starting with our first “field trip” in 2017, we’ve learned that women get a lot of value from being together on the road and away from everyday demands. In 2019, over 30 participants from Indiana attended the WLI Regional Summit in Louisville, KY. ULI Indiana is a partner in the Regional Summit and hopes to have a strong presence in August 2020 in St. Louis.
- Save the Date: Wednesday, Aug. 5 – Friday, Aug. 7, 2020
Other Opportunities and Benefits
- Volunteer to help lead one of the initiatives listed above, and secure a space on the WLI Steering Committee. Working on a committee helps you meet more people and develop more meaningful relationships.
- Come to any ULI event. The easiest way to meet ULI’s goal to “increase the exposure of women in the industry” is “just show up” (to quote Glennon Doyle). You can identify WLI Steering Committee members by their silver ribbons. Please say hello and introduce yourself. See upcoming events on the Events page.
- Serve on other ULI Indiana committees, such as Programming, TAPs, and UrbanPlan.
Join ULI to take advantage of these opportunities
Most of these opportunities are available to members only. Learn more about ULI membership and join here.