If you are a female member of ULI, you are part of the Women’s Leadership Initiative.
The WLI promotes the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry by creating meaningful engagement opportunities for the women members of ULI.
For 2019 these opportunities will include:
- Coffee Connect, a new option based on our popular Mentor Matching Program. Women members who enter this program will be paired with one another on a quarterly basis, regardless of age or membership type, to meet for coffee, drinks or lunch.
- Hour of Power Happy Hours – The HOP is an informal cocktail hour that is also intended for members only (with occasional exceptions). There is no programing, no agenda. . . just a chance to get to know each other, share stories, laugh and support each other as women working in commercial real estate. Come when you can. . . stay as long as wish. The first round of drinks and appetizers are on us! HOP Happy Hours will occur approximately every-other month, alternating between downtown and north side locations. Watch your emails – the event host will send an email invitation to all current women members.
- Dine Around – Stay tuned for more information on this special evening of casual, intimate dinners.
- Professional Development – You’ve asked for it and we’ve listened. Going forward we will provide access to 1-2 educational events per year on topics specifically relevant for women. For 2019 we will likely have one local event and also encourage participation in the WLI Regional Summit (see more below).
- Field Trip – We’ve learned that women get a lot of value from being together on the road and away from everyday demands. For 2019 our “field trip” opportunity will be to attend the WLI Regional Summit (see more below).
Save the Date – WLI Regional Summit
Wednesday, Aug. 7 – Friday, Aug. 9, 2019
Other Opportunities and Benefits
- Volunteer to help lead one of the initiatives listed above, and secure a space on the WLI Steering Committee. Working on a committee helps you meet more people and develop more meaningful relationships. Contact one of our WLI Co-Chairs, listed below.
- Come to any ULI event. The easiest way to meet ULI’s goal to “increase the exposure of women in the industry” is “just show up” (to quote Glennon Doyle). You can identify WLI Steering Committee members by their silver ribbons. Please say hello and introduce yourself. See upcoming events on the Events page.
- Serve on other ULI Indiana committees, such as Programming, TAPs, and UrbanPlan.
Who is included in the WLI? How do I join?
Any female member of ULI is included in the Women’s Leadership Initiative, regardless of membership category (Full, Associate, Young Leader, Student, Public). Learn more and join.